Tuesday 5 August 2014

Beautiful Seed

So with all the fertilizers in the brewing zone, I think we're ready to start, and I'm ready as well! And where else do we start but from the seed. 

With packets of seeds on hand, we (and when it's we it means me, the caretaker Lisa, her daughter, and the two other carpenters who are around), are starting on the plan!

Staying true to being a diligent student, I tried what I learned from the Costales seminar to the letter with a bit of adjustments as I eyeball the minutes and certain raw materials. That's just me being "creative" without going out of line. And true to my "no waste" mantra, I collected all the possible containers that I can in our kitchen and brought them to the farm.

Thus, this egg tray that turned into a soaking tray for the seeds to absorb all those microorganisms and dissipate whatever chemical residues they may have. 



I found these cotton husks while walking and they were just lying on the ground, perhaps swept by the recent storm. I picked them up and they made perfect bedding for germinating the seeds.






And when there weren't enough of them, I took out tissue from my bag, and turn them into germinating beds as well.



It's hard to imagine how these yellow flat pellets can turn into red and green bellpeppers. How these red dots can be onions of so many layers. How these oddly shaped  How these spiky black freckles can be lettuce. But today and in the succeeding days that I germinated seeds, I'm reminded that yes, we all started from seeds. Everything and everyone else did. beautiful seed.


No comments:

Post a Comment